[TR] Wire terminations

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 05:55:39 MST 2019

I do love this list. After over 20 yrs, I still pull some nuggets.

Forever (it seems), I had to solder tips of wires in bullet connectors as
any attempt to crimp, just broke the barrel of the connector.  Having my
own opinions on solder vs crimp, I made the best of it by cleaning the
pointy end of the connector, stripping 1/4 inch of wire and inserting
through the hole, then solder. That left the standed wire flexible when it
exited the barrel.

Crimping seems much simpler...  Now I know where to find crimpable bullets!

This will be handy as the DPO cut a perfectly good harness up during his
dissamembly of both TR3s I recently purchased. I dont think he knew what or
how bullet connectors worked.