[TR] Drive Your Triumph Day plus a BONUS

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Mon Feb 4 10:41:34 MST 2019

Dear Fellow Triumph Owner,

I’m sending this reminder to Triumph Car Clubs and Standard Motor Car Clubs around the world, along with those who have submitted photos from past Drive Your Triumph Day activities.

Drive Your Triumph Day is next weekend, Sunday, February 10th. I’ve heard from many of you about group drives you have organized, which is great. If you haven’t planned anything there’s still time, or be sure and go for a drive by yourself.

The concept is straightforward. On February 10th, go for a drive in your Triumph or Standard. Take a scenic drive on a country road or out to lunch, to the market, to work, where ever. Go for a drive alone or in a big group from your local Triumph or Standard car club. Take your spouse, buddy, child, grandchild or your dog; then take a photo. The photo is mainly of the car, and the owner if possible, ideally in front a cool spot, landmark, scenic view, in your driveway or in your garage.

If it’s the middle of the winter where you live and your car is in hibernation, or in the middle of a restoration, take a photo of it anyway. Send a hi-res photo to driveyourtriumphday at gmail.com, along with some basic information: owner’s name, year and model of car, and place photo was taken (city, state, country).

Now the bonus info, which I’m very excited to share. In early January I was able to get in touch with Nick Black, Sir John Black’s son. We’ve exchanged over 20 emails covering several topics, of course including Drive Your Triumph Day. He’s very pleased about the event, and had read about it in the Standard Car Review. He shipped me a DVD with some home videos, and most importantly, he sent me a PDF of his book, Triumph & Tragedy, instructing me that it’s OK to post on our website and distribute freely. I’ve loaded it on my Kindle, which works but the text is kind of small. I’ve also loaded it on my iPad, which is better, and of course very easy to read on my computer.

This is the link to the Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club, in our 61st year, the longest running active Triumph Club in the world. www.triumphtravelers.org  There is a box on the right side of the window labeled Quick Links, and the bottom one is the link to Triumph & Tragedy.

Be sure to contact me with any questions you may have, and thank you in advance for getting the message out to your members and friends to drive their Triumphs and Standard cars on February 10th.

Regards,
Rye Livingston
Activities Chairman
Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club