[TR] Route 66

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Feb 2 15:49:19 MST 2019

 Many state tourism boards have recognized that Rt. 66 is a draw worth the investment of a few signs.  Some sites have been declared Historic and many of the rural routes are still used by locals.  The good part is that most of the traffic has been diverted to the interstates so traffic is light.  And many business owners capitalize on the historic nature of the businesses that date back to the era.
But many stretches were plowed under for the interstate and other stretches are dead-ends which means if there is a time schedule these get skipped.
But the continued survival is based on the level of tourism so get out there is tour!

Dave