[TR] Solid Six?

John Macartney John.Macartney at Ukpips.org.uk
Mon Dec 30 09:58:37 MST 2019

If there are, it’s highly unlikely they went down the assembly tracks. We do know the solid axle Spitfire adapted by the late Ray Henderson at the behest of Harry Webster was scrapped immediately after Webster took it for a long evaluation drive. Reason? The handling was impeccable and proved very difficult to “unstick”. It was in the crusher within 48 hours!

Jonmac

Whenever I feel the need for exercise, experience has shown me it is better to lie down until the feeling goes away. WINSTON CHURCHILL