[TR] Whitworth Wrenches on a TR3?

Tom Walling pdqtr6 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 12 18:30:22 MDT 2019

You're in luck Jim! Leave the front apron right where it is. Set the car so the front wheels track straight and remove and disconnect the horn-push / turn signal head. Right before your very eyes will be a big nut (guaranteed you won't have a socket that fits, but that's a good reason to add one to your tool box). Unscrew the nut and carefully pull the wheel toward you until it comes off of the steering column shaft. Fiddle with the wheel until it looks right to you and (you guessed it), the rest is the reverse of what you just did. This is one of the easier jobs on a TR3.