[TR] Was 1st Gear, Now Clutch and T/O bearing

Rochlin Robert rrochlin at comcast.net
Mon Apr 15 06:54:34 MDT 2019

	After thinking about it I’ve decided to pull the transmission and replace it with a rebuilt spare I’ve got so as to get back on the road as quickly as possible.  My plan is to take the ailing transmission to Quantum Mechanics and have John Esposito sort out the problem if it’s nor obvious what I take off the cover . I’ll let the list know what the problem is once I’ve got it corrected.
	Since I’m gong to have the transmission out, and it hasn’t been out in years, I’m going to address the clutch and T/O bearing. The TR6 has a heavy clutch and mine has not been made easier by the preload spring on the Gunst bearing I’ve go installed.  The Gunst bearing has been great at providing smooth clutch action, but does increase the clutch pressure somewhat.
	My questions are:  Has anyone successfully used the Gunst bearing without the preload spring?  And, has anyone had success in lighting the clutch feel of their TR6 by using another clutch set up. I see that the new carriers are bronze, which I’m sure goes a long way to preventing “sticky clutch” but with the clutch setups I’ve had over time none has lightened to clutch feel.  Has anyone had success with the TRF magic clutch set up?
	Thanks in advance.
	Best,
	Bob