[TR] By the Way

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Apr 10 16:38:48 MDT 2019

> Turned off the heater, then sat back to think.  Which is when
> I noticed the blinkers working.  Tried the wipers, they worked too.

So you've got a bad connection or two, somewhere.  Possibly it (or they)
make contact when cold, but have just a bit of resistance so it gets hot
under use and either opens up entirely, or goes high enough resistance to
keep the wipers and/or turn signals from working.

One thing to try is running the wipers in your driveway for awhile, then
feeling along the wires and especially connections that lead to them.  If
something is warm to the touch, you've found the problem.  The fuse block is
a likely problem spot, but could be almost anywhere along either the power
circuit to the wiper motor, or the ground circuit from the motor through the
switch on the instrument panel.

The ground wire to the instrument panel is another likely suspect, just
because it is common between the wipers and the turn indicator on the panel.
It should run out to the 'E' terminal on the control box, where it joins
with another wire to the body nearby.

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild