[TR] By the Way

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Wed Apr 10 09:06:55 MDT 2019

By the way.  Yesterday morning top down, the windshield wipers did a great job scraping the snow off the windshield (well, on the outside, anyway).

Then they didn't.

Directionals worked fine.

Then they didn't.

Since I was on my way to be inspected, and these things needed to be operational, I stopped in a drugstore parking lot to look into the issue.  Not a bad location, all things considered.  They have various forms of anesthesia there, including beer, in case things went south on repairs.

Checked the fuses.  Surprise.  They at least inspected as fine.  Now what?

Turned off the heater, then sat back to think.  Which is when I noticed the blinkers working.  Tried the wipers, they worked too.

Violates all the rules of electrics I was trained in.  The heater apparently sucked the juice from the wipers and blinkers, yet didn't blow the fuse.  I'll have to do some digging to figure out what exactly I botched in the wiring.  But curious.

Got the inspection sticker, though.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire