[TR] Stag

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Apr 5 17:03:22 MDT 2019

I'm fond of the little square Facet pumps. They seem to be dead reliable, never seen one fail, and are available in a pressure rating for almost any application.  Stag #1 is wearing one in 2.5 psi to suit original carbs.

The downside is that they make noise all the time (don't stop clicking like the original SU pump). And it can be kind of loud if you attach them directly to sheet metal.

I made up a simple double isolation mount for the Stag though, and I can't hear the pump from the drivers seat with the engine running. Just a piece of steel with original rubber mounts on one side to the original pump bracket, and two more rubber mounts on the other side to the pump.

Last time I looked, Aircraft Spruce was cheapest source new. But I bought a used one on eBay. (I also carry one in the spare tire as a backup for the original TR3 mechanical pump, in case it fails. Also makes a usable transfer pump for when I need to loan someone fuel, or empty the tank for repairs.)
-- Randall