[TR] Seats

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Tue Apr 2 19:34:36 MDT 2019

Yes, I installed Miata seats in my TR3A last year and they are great.  Yes they are more comfortable, but for me I was even more concerned about the flex in the stock seat. During some spirited driving, including the autocross at Triumphest, when going around a hard corner seat back would flex and roll and virtually pour me out of the seat.  I was trying to stabilize myself by holding on to the steering wheel, but it was the stock banjo style and it would flex too.  I'm running a 7/8" front sway bar, 205/60R15 Goodrich Tires on 6 1/2" Panasport Wheels, so the car is corning really well, but the stock seat just wasn't working, and same for the passenger seat.  In a weekend rally with my son and as passenger I was holding onto the outside of the door to keep myself in place in the turns.

So I installed some Miata seats and got a Moto-lita steering wheel which does't flex, and it's transformed the whole car.  Just amazing.

This is a photo along California Coast least year after I installed the seats and steering wheel, and was going up to the All Triumph Drive In, in Salem Oregon.  There is a sheep skin cover on the passenger seat for Dixie Dog who was my co-pilot. She that brown blob rolling around in the sand.

Rye
PH: 530-FIND-RYE