[TR] Lead additive

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Sun Sep 30 18:31:42 MDT 2018

I used lead additive in a Datsun Fair Lady I ran for a while.  I sold it when the valves pounded so deep into the head, I couldn't keep it running anymore (and for other reasons, chief among which was ability to find parts reasonably priced).  In other words, lead additive didn't work for me.

Ann, if your valve seats were hardened at some point, which is often done at contemporary engine rebuilds (upon request), then adding lead isn't necessary.

As for the other question, I run Premium.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667

New Hampshire