[TR] TR4 oil leak

Alex & Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Thu Sep 27 17:05:14 MDT 2018

I would say that oil coming out of that bell housing weep hole indicates
rear engine seal leakage or transmission oil leakage. Every farm tractor
engine that I have worked on will have some dampness there but drips
indicate something more severe. Does the drip smell like gear oil or does it
have the color and consistency of engine oil? This is a similar situation to
coolant leakage through the weep hole of a water pump. If you see leakage,
the issue is not the weep hole.

Alex Thomson