[TR] New but cheap 20 W 50 Motor oil

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Sep 21 08:18:24 MDT 2018

Certainly not "terrible".  But I would skip the 30 minute run with the cheap
oil.  You say you've already got 6 hours of total run time, another 30
minutes isn't going to make any difference.

My experience (long ago) with cheap oil was that it starts producing sludge
almost immediately.  You won't get enough in 30 minutes to hurt anything,
but why go to all that extra effort for something that is less than
desirable?

Save the ZDDP for next time, put the cheap oil in your lawnmower (or on the
curb), and go right to VR1 and your 500 mile break-in.  It's a lot more fun
than watching the engine idle!

IMO, etc

-- Randall