[TR] New but cheap 20 W 50 Motor oil

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Thu Sep 20 18:59:13 MDT 2018

Sounds like a plan Paul. Be sure to change the filter, each time as a new engine might have some stray bits floating around.
Bill

Sent from my Handspring Treo

On Sep 20, 2018, at 5:56 PM, Paul Dorsey <dorpaul1 at gmail.com> wrote:

I’ve already bought A small bottle of ZDDP from Moss and I plan to add it to cheap 20w50 and run it in my rebuilt Motor for 30 minutes. Moss says one bottle does 5 quarts.  It’s been serval years since this motor has run and I did not turn over when it was in storage. After this 30 minute run time I plan to drain it and put in Valvoline racing oil with zinc additive. I wonder if anyone thinks this is a terrible idea? I have run this motor for about six hours since it was rebuilt.
** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive