[TR] SU H6 Carb Part Need

Jim Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 18:29:36 MDT 2018

Thanks for everyone who has replied with help.  I polished the suction
chambers inside wall, piston exterior rings, and piston tube on each
assembly.  Used Wenol ultra soft metal polish.  Definitely helped remove
some of the friction that was occurring in the inner tube.  Next, I did the
piston balancing test from John Twist's You tube video.  I love his videos!
See below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfU47Oqq9wA

Put masking tape on the piston air holes and tested piston drop time in
suction chambers.  One was 6 seconds and one 3 so not balanced.  I switched
pistons between same chambers and a magical 3 second drop on each piston.
They were pretty darn close to equal balance, maybe a quarter second off.

No time to reassemble back on carb bodies to test on car tonight.  Hopefully
this solves the issue.  A little polishing to remove surface patina from
nearly 60 years and proper balancing the John Twist way.  Check out his 200
videos from University Motors.  Worth the watch.  Makes me wish I had an MG
when they were still open.  Did a Triumph guy just say that?  Blasphemy.
Thank you John Twist!
Cheers,
Jim Henningsen