[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 11, Issue 240

Levilevi levilevi at comcast.net
Tue Sep 18 16:46:59 MDT 2018

I agree with some light sanding, it could be very little making it stick. Another thing to try is the sequence of tightening the dome screws. Set the dome on with the screws snug so that the piston goes smoothly up and down and gives that click. Slowly tighten each screw while working the piston until tight or until it sticks instead of clicks. If it sticks turn the dome to the next position e.g. Clockwise and repeat the process of tightening the dome screws. Keep moving the dome around ( make a mark to keep track of where you are). This may take many iterations, combinations, and permutations, but it's worth a try. I've made it work on some sticky SUs on a friends carbs at VTR.

Bud

Sent from my Commodore 64