[TR] Biggest bang for the buck, Two categories

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 06:23:22 MDT 2018

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 6:16 PM Paul Dorsey <dorpaul1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Would people give me their input:
>
> Low priced Might be a Petronics  ignition or changing  from positive ground to negative ground
>
>  High-priced  might be a  lighter Fly wheel

Biggest bang for the buck might be keeping it the way it is right now.
Unless you have a specific purpose, you are fine with points and a
stock flywheel.

I just bought a Spitfire with what must be a bad Pertronix, and it
failed worse than a set of points would have.  I swapped an old OPUS
distributor in, and that works fine.  I don't need to go very fast
these days; the illusion of fast is often enough.  And it's too hot to
sit on the side of the road for an hour.

-- Jeff