[TR] Non Triumph alternator question

Sujit Roy triumphstag at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:54:55 MDT 2018

I have a Honda Mini Van from 2007.

The car wouldn't start  The AAA guy who came out said the battery is on its
way out. The battery is almost 3 yrs old.

This Sunday I got stranded again. AAA did a battery test and says the
battery as well as the alternator is on its way

I asked him the changed the battery. They have a deal ($150 plus 3 yr
warranty + an additional 3 year prorated)

The question is, on modern cars do alternators partially work? I would
think they work or don't and nothing in between.

However, on Triumph with external regular, ive heard the diodes become
leaky and the alternator partially works.

Sujit

--
Sujit Roy
Cupertino, California