[TR] Starting a dry engine advice sought

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Sun Sep 9 14:25:47 MDT 2018

I’m not 100% on this so others can chime in and correct me.

My understanding is when the cam rolls by and lifts the tappet it will also rotate it a little bit so it doesn’t continue to strike the same spot over and over and over. Too much zinc, too slippery, doesn’t rotate the tappet, wears the cam lobe prematurely.

Sent from my iPhone