[TR] Upgrading alternator help

Sujit Roy triumphstag at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:42:16 MST 2018

I’m updating my Lucas alternator and doing away with my external relay and
regulator.(11AC and replacing it with an Lucas 18ACR.  (All integrated)
This is a 45 amp alternator.

The 18ACR has two relatively thick brown wires that feed to the main
battery cable. The contacts within the alternator are connected. (I wonder
why they didn’t use one thick cable instead of two)

My Stag on has 1 think brown wire that I plan to use. Should I add another
thick brown wire to the other connection in the alternator or is this one
think wire enough?

I have heard other Triumph owners doing this upgrade but am not aware
people adding the second brown thick wire.

Sujit

--
Sujit Roy
Cupertino, California