[TR] Tr3a thermostat question

Jim Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 16:51:35 MST 2018

Finally got the 61 TR3 out and running fairly well.  Choke worked, idle working, and it’s not hesitating on acceleration.  Enriched the carbs three flats to get there.

When I bought the car, there was no thermostat installed.  We are in Florida don’t think a big deal.  Just takes a little longer to warn up the engine so it doesn’t need a choke.  If I decide to put a thermostat back in do I have to use the expensive bellows type or can you use a Tr4 Tr6 type?

Thanks in advance
Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL

Sent from my iPad