[TR] TR3A Choke Question

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Nov 6 09:58:54 MST 2018

> This is something I have not seen yet.  I'm new to TR3.  I
> wondered why the clevis pin was so long.  I'm going to try
> changing the link to the side  to see if that improves the
> pull.  Can't quite see in the picture:  Does the cable attach
> to the clevis pin on the opposite side of the arm  from the link?

Yes.  If you have the correct front pin (P/N 113454, item 69 in attached
drawing), one end has threads for the nut that retains the choke cable to
the pin.  The other end is plain, and goes through the arm then the link.

BTW, that illustration is from the factory 'Spare Parts Catalogue', which
can be a very useful document (especially if you order parts from The
Roadster Factory).  I maintain a PDF version, which you can download from
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2H2NJt34OffMWQ4N2EzZGQtNjc0Ny00YmE2LWFiN2
UtZWYzMjNjNGFiYzY4

Feel free to let me know if you find any issues, want to suggest
improvements, or by any chance have the missing page (page 1 of
Supplementary Amendment #5, issued June 1964).

-- Randall