[TR] Oil Pressure Switch Wiring

Cliff Hansen cliff_hansen at outlook.com
Wed May 30 12:20:29 MDT 2018

Doing an electric fuel pump?

My understanding of these switches with those letter labels is that I is ignition, S is starter, and P is power output (to a relay).  http://www.how-to-build-hotrods.com/electric-fuel-pump.html

In terms of the switch function, for an oil pressure switch where ‘normal’ is 0psi I = Normally open, S = Normally closed, and P is common.  E.g., http://documents.holley.com/199r9680-1rev.pdf.  This allows the starter circuit to power the fuel pump before oil pressure builds and closes the oil pressure switch, when power to the pump switches to the ignition circuit.

Can’t help with wire colors for your harness.

Cliff