[TR] Tr3, conversion from capillary tube to electrically sensedwater temperature gauge

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri May 4 12:01:17 MDT 2018

> For the non-purists like me, I switched all my guages (not speedo or rpm)
> to Sunpro.  The Sunpro has an electronic sensor that fits perfectly into
> the thermostat.

That fitting is surprisingly standard.  Even though many of them describe it
wrong; every aftermarket temp gauge I've seen will actually fit it.  Even
the really cheap mechanical gauge I got (in a set of 3) from HF last summer
fit perfectly.  (Actually, I mounted it in a Ferguson TEA20, but it would
have fit a TR3 just as well.)
https://www.harborfreight.com/electronic-triple-auto-gauge-set-41017.html

But I have to say, I like the early TR4 gauge much better.
https://imgur.com/MGKPVaJ

-- Randall