[TR] Is this a first?

Alex & Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Tue May 1 04:21:54 MDT 2018

Many years ago when raking hay with an open tractor, I opened up a ground
nest of either yellow jackets or some other hornet family. Even banging the
tractor into high gear and screaming across the field in high gear at a
stately 18 MPH wasn't enough to stay ahead of them. I'm not sure what hurt
more - getting stung or slapping myself in the head to kill them.

Many years ago when working around the house in shorts, a wasp flew up a
pant leg and decided to start stinging. Again, I'm not sure what hurt more -
slapping myself in the male anatomy area or getting stung. All I know is
that I could have been a member of a freak show at a circus for several
days.  Alright, I can hear some of you guys laughing now!

But, no joke. Getting hit with stingers when driving can be disastrous. Even
getting a bug in an eye is serious. And for those who are seriously allergic
to stings - no more needs to be said.

Alex Thomson