[TR] TR3A Radiator Fan

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Fri Mar 9 23:48:56 MST 2018

Swap the wires on the fan so it blows through the radiator.  It will make a big difference, and I'm speaking from experience.

Just a few weeks ago I got my newly rebuild engine back in the car and ready for Drive Your Triumph Day with 4.5 miles on the engine.  Going down the freeway, it was right at 190 temp.  Then in town, and this was on a chilly morning, I overheated at about 220.  We opened the bonnet and the overflow bottle was full, and my son asked me if it mattered which way the wires went on the electric fan. Hmm, good question.  My fan is on the inside of the radiator, so with the engine off, we turned the key to turn on the fan and with a piece of paper put up to the fan and it sucked it to the fan, blowing forward.  My son turned the wires around so it now sucked, and off we went on the Drive Your Triumph Day drive, and the temp was perfect.

So yeah, swap those wires so is blows air through the radiator towards the engine.  I'd be surprised if that doesn't fix your problem.

Rye