[TR] Re torque TR4A head, hot or cold ?

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Tue Jul 31 22:11:16 MDT 2018

The question was RE-torque.  Obviously you put the engine together
including properly torquing the head while it's cold. With an iron head
and composite gasket you run the engine for a bit (I use the cam
break-in 20 minutes for that), and when it's good and warm you torque
the head a 2nd time.  With an aluminum head you're supposed to let it
cool before torquing a 2nd time.

Tony

>>> Archive:http://www.team.net/archive
>>> Forums:http://www.team.net/forums