[TR] TR4A sticks in gear

Brian Thomas thomasb at queensu.ca
Wed Jul 11 10:32:23 MDT 2018

Hi,

On a recent trip on a very HOT day, our 1967 TR4A with OD became stuck in gear a couple of times.  Once stuck, it would not move out of gear until the car was turned off when it disengaged easily.  At the time the problem was not a show-stopper and I forgot it until this morning when I tried to back it out of the garage - same problem and solution.

I suspect it was reverse each time, but can't really recall for sure.  On the drive home from that trip, it moved through all forward gears fine and into and out of overdrive.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Brian
   Brian Thomas                           E-mail:   ThomasB at QueensU.Ca<mailto:ThomasB at QueensU.Ca>
   92 Wyona Lane, R R 1              Phone:   613-385-1947
   Wolfe Island,  Ontario                Toys:   54 TR2,  56 TR3,  67 TR4A,  01 XKR,
   CANADA   K0H 2Y0                                 75 John Deere 920