[TR] farewell

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 18:07:33 MDT 2018

Hey Jim, I hate to see you go but I understand that some people evolve
over time and are not stuck with the same old cars. I missed the first
post but from later ones I gather you purchased a new Fiat Roadster. I
was looking at them the other day. Really nice cars without the 50ish
year old issues. It is just sad to the the old timers go on to other
things and leave those of us still living with the old TRs behind. A
quote from the movie The Longest Day "The problem with being part of the
few, is that we keep getting fewer". I wish you the best.

TeriAnn
Keel owner of the original British car list, the Triumphs list, and the
Land Rover owners list.

On 7/7/18 2:02 PM, Philip Ethier wrote:
> I remember it well.  Thanks to Jim and Mark. This stuff changed my
> life.  I'm not kidding.
>
> Jim, I wish you full success wherever you go.
>
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 11:32 PM, <glemon at neb.rr.com
> <mailto:glemon at neb.rr.com>> wrote:
>
>     Yes, Larry summed it up pretty well, the British cars list opened
>     up a whole new world-shaking this year's college graduates weren't
>     even born into yet-think about that.
>
>     A very clever idea that grew legs and continues going strong to
>     this day, thanks for the work creating this thing, Mark in
>     continuing it and helping it grow.
>
>     The email lists have always seemed a little more personal and
>     freindly to me than forums or social media, glad it is still
>     around with access to our little community.
>
>     Greg Lemon
>     TR250
>     British cars since 1977
>     E mail list member since 1999
>
>     ---- Larry Griffin <larrygriffin.nc at gmail.com
>     <mailto:larrygriffin.nc at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >  Jim,
>     >
>     > I well remember my joy when I discovered the British-Cars list
>     in 1994,
>     > after being the contact person for a NSF grant that helped my
>     college
>     > employer connect to the internet. The list, and those that
>     followed, was an
>     > invaluable source of information in keeping LBCs on the road.
>     Even more
>     > important was the connection to like-minded enthusiasts, and the
>     > friendships that have developed over the years. Thank you from
>     the bottom
>     > of my heart for all that you, Dale, and now Mark have done to
>     keep these
>     > lists active over the years.
>     >
>     > I wish you all the best in the future. You will be missed. Enjoy
>     the new
>     > Fiat, I remember autocrossing against the originals.
>     >
>     > Thanks,
>     > Larry Griffin
>     >
>     >
>     > On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 7:00 PM, <jimmuller at rcn.com
>     <mailto:jimmuller at rcn.com>> wrote:
>     >
>     > > Alas, it is time for me to bid all of you farewell.  Many of
>     you probably
>     > > don't know me or even
>     > > recognize my name but I have been part of your community for a
>     long time.
>     > > You old-timers
>     > > will.  You youn
>
>     ** triumphs at autox.team.net <mailto:triumphs at autox.team.net> **
>
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>     Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/pethier7@gmail.com
> [...]

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>
2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn what to write

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*