[TR] H6 vs HS

Jim Wallace grandfatherjim at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 13:56:06 MST 2018

Bill,
The HS6 carbs would interfere with the heater hose coming out of the
firewall, as there is linkage (or something) on the rear of the rear one.
Jim

============
From: "Bill Beecher" <bill_beecher at flash.net>

Starting to revive a 1960 TR3A motor that has be on the shelf for a number
of years and have arrived at the SU carburettors.  I find I have complete
pairs of H6 and HS6 units that I could use so I would like to pose the
question:  Which would be preferred using the original TR3A/H6 intake
manifold?

I heard noise in the past that the shorter carbs on the TR3 manifold would
hamper performance.  Any truth to that?

Cheers,

Bill

TS75131E