[TR] TR3 Coolant Bypass Hose

StagByTriumph at triumphstagclub.org StagByTriumph at triumphstagclub.org
Tue Jan 2 17:35:33 MST 2018

That practice is from manufacturing the after-market hose longer by the non-OEM manufacturer than needed so it is typically trimmed to fit on both ends.

I know that from working on the equipment that was making the hoses at two different manufacturers locations.

However not all hoses are made longer than needed, in particular if they are coming out of the OEM – Automotive labeled direct replacement part market they are made to fit without modification.

Unfortunately at the distributor you have some unthinking monkey adding the tag like that because “that’s the way we always did it”.

Glenn Merrell

+1 (303) 817-8559 mobile

aka StagByTriumph Garage (now on FaceBook)

Remember, “the BEST trophies are: Miles on the Odometer; Stone chips in the paint; and DEAD BUGS on the windscreen … with the occasional smell of manure!”