[TR] 123 Distributer for TR6

Creig Houghtaling creig555 at live.com
Wed Feb 7 12:28:03 MST 2018

I am building a TR6 engine with Goodparts triple Stromberg, GP2 cam etc.  I am seriously considering the 123 distributer.  The drawback is the high price to buy the unit.  Then the additonal high price to convert the tach to electronic.  Searching online I saw that a few years past, there was someone who put the 123 electronics into a TR6 distributer housing so that the cable tach could be functional.  I have a few questions trying to see if there are any other good options other than 123 distributer and electronic tach conversion.

1)  Is there anyone who currently sells a TR6 distributer with the 123 electronics?

2)  What is the best mechanical distributer to compliment a healthy TR6 engine build?  (Instead of the 123 distributer.)

3)  I have seen mechanical drive units that will drive a speedometer cable at the correct RPM to correlate to GPS position.  Has anyone done the same for a tachometer?  (Engine electronic signal translated to a motor to drive a tachometer cable?)

Creig Houghtaling