[TR] TR3/TR4 Oil Gallery Plugs

Bill Brewer billbrewer59 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 20:54:52 MST 2018

     Thanks to all who replied about the oil gallery plugs, especially
Dennis Lambert, who gave a thorough explanation.

     We got my plugs out tonight using the biggest EZ-Out we had. It was an
ordeal. Glad we did it. We got them out with the block on the floor and a
huge wrench on the EX-Out. The rear one sounded like a rifle shot when it
finally broke loose. The front one eased loose with a lot of work and
leverage.

     It looks like the plugs Moss sells come in a 4 plug stick. You screw
the first one in with a pipe wrench on the end of the stick, cut it off with
a hacksaw and then file it smooth with the block.

     Many thanks to Jon Paschke for always lending a hand. It made the job
fun.

     -Bill Brewer