[TR] My Tr3 garage find folly

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 20:42:24 MST 2018

A few months ago, I bought two tr3 basket cases from a long time stalled
dreamer.  It's really bittersweet to some extent, he planned to take
classes to weld and paint..... Unfortunately, the two cars are parts cars
at best.

So now I'm trying to save them. I've enlisted two friends, but I'm the
bodywork guy.

I have since been retrieving all of my old fabrication tools lent out over
the years. my plasma torch is not coming back, he said after 7 years its
his... But the brake and roller are back.

Soooooo. ive been soaking the stuck engine with a cinderblock attached to
my tr2 crank with conduit and hose clamps. Read on an old tractor forum
that could unstick a stuck motor. A couple months later, I saw the cinder
block closer to the ground!

i stuck it in gear, sprayed more kroil and started rocking back and forth.
Soon had 360 degree rotation, with nice sucking sounds from the spark plug
holes.

Tomorrow, I will hook up the starter and do a compression check. If all
look somewhat promising, we will attempt firing procedure.

fingers crossed!

Sent from my TRASH-80