[TR] Shipping parts from the UK

John Macartney john.macartney at ukpips.org.uk
Mon Dec 24 06:22:52 MST 2018

Hopefully this may help? I have a very good friend who works at a high level in national security. He obviously can’t give me detailed info about anything, however there’s an operation going on in the UK for a number of weeks that’s been notched up several clicks in the run-up to Christmas. Bottom line is that every single item outbound from the UK is going through even more rigorous checks than previously. All I do know is last week was the 30th Anniversary of the Libyans blowing up Pan Am ‘Maid of the Seas’ over Lockerbie and national security is very twitchy about some form of ‘celebratory’ event. That, together with other stuff to do with Syria and the Russians doing what they’re doing with the Ukraine all adds to the security burdens. Stick with it gents. That much-wanted parcel WILL come through eventually.

Cheers, Jonmac