[TR] parking brake

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Sat Dec 8 18:57:47 MST 2018

In general handbrake turns are slower than actually driving properly.
But they are fun and do look impressive.

Back when I was actively autocrossing I was sharing a Caterham 7 with
another fellow.  He had a good, solid hit on a couple of cones and bent
a fender.  We quickly worked on car to get the fender away from the
tire, I jumped in to take my turn.  Green flag drops, I take off and
think that the cone damage may have been more that just the fender, the
car feels sluggish and not as responsive as it was my previous run.  I
finish the course with a pretty slow time, pull over to our spot and
notice a distinctive aroma.  Turns out I forgot to release the handbrake
when I went to make my run.  Oops.

mjb.