[TR] Stromberg needles for TR4A

asg123 at centurylink.net asg123 at centurylink.net
Sat Dec 1 06:31:44 MST 2018

What recommendations does the list have for metering needles for a DD. The mods are a big bore piston kit, new stock cam, 4 into 1 header exhaust, old style Soundmaster Turbo Muffler at the rear. The plug readings are quite dark when run at higher RPM and it tends to blow blackish smoke from over enrichment when accelerating if the mixture is adjusted correctly at idle and low RPM. This seemed to happen after installing the cheap tubular header in place of the OE 4 into 2 into 1 exhaust manifold. Gas mileage dropped a bunch too. So, I suspect we need to go with some slower taper metering needles. Has anyone found some alternatives that work well? Thanks, Arnold