[TR] red light, huh? Part 3 :-)

David Templeton davidt at opentext.com
Mon Aug 27 11:46:42 MDT 2018

Ok, after listening to Randall I rewired up the alternator into the system.  The three connections under the hood are still clean 😊 But now I have wired the “L” into the standalone connection to the ignition light.  And the “IG” to the switch side of the ignition switch.   And the output, via a 30amp fuse for protection, to the “main” power feed.

Hmmm, looks good,

  *   No red light anymore when battery connected – good
  *   No red light when key on – not good
  *   When running – ammeter showing -ve.  – Not good ( Wires have been switched for polarity.  )

Attached is the original, generator based wiring and the what is now in the car ( the yellow and yellow/green from the alternator will need to be switched to be colour consistent but can deal with that after )

What did I screw up?

David