[TR] Rattle Can Paint

Bob Westerdale bwesterdale53 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 15:18:51 MDT 2018

 I'd suggest a small glass jar ( w/ lid) full of 'Brush Cleaner' ...  Each time you empty a rattlecan,pull off the sprayhead and toss it in the sauce.  The residual paint stays soft and this sprayheadwill function well when the one you'd been using clogs up.    I've got a jar full of all different kindsthat I've collected over the years,  everything from spray glue to undercoating.  If the spraycandoesn't have enough pressure to force out the old but softened paint in the sprayhead, hit it with some compressed air.  Works every time...Cautionary Note:  Most Rustoleum Spray paint has a re-coat window of either less than 2 hours or more than 48 hours ( under good drying conditions)   A fresh re-coat ( ie. over the 'feels dry' -but isn't-first coat)  will result in the paint solvents really trashing the whole project, resulting in an unusableywrinkled-coat, and you'll have to start all over from bare metal.    If drying conditions are sub-optimal,( ie cool weather)  you may have to wait a few extra days.   I try to spray some paint on some scrap and use it as a test-case for re-coat timing....  But have also had to resort to very bad language andmuch furrowing of brow at times when the 2nd coat curdles after a few hours....I'd had pretty good luck with most of the Krylon stuff,  but the Rustoleum is better paint, IMHO.YMMV!!Bob Westerdale59 3A   TS36967