[TR] originally- Do people remember me?

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Mon Aug 13 15:02:56 MDT 2018

I was a medical student in Edinburgh, Scotland, in the late 1970s.  Money
was tight, but the students' union sold an inexpensive lunch of haggis,
fries (chips) and turnips (neaps).  (Probably explains why Scotland, at the
time, had the highest incidence of coronary artery disease in the world).

Years later I attended a Burns dinner in Boston where they proudly marched
out the haggis.  But it was really just meatloaf.  Turns out that most of
the ingredients of the real stuff were offal, and banned from consumption in
the USA !

Andrew Uprichard
Jackson, Michigan