[TR] pusher fan on TR6

David Massey dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Apr 1 14:52:14 MDT 2018

I had that set-up for many years on my 71.  I found that with a TR6 you get plenty of air as long as you are moving at least 15 MPH.  Even in the hottest weather I never got noticeably above the thermostat setting while moving.  The only time I needed the electric fan was when I got caught in a back-up for a toll booth on the NY turnpike and had no electric fan but wish I did (actually I had the fan installed but no switch so I couldn't use it).  Other than that I had no need for the fan nor did it present any cooling issues due to reduced airflow.

The later TR6's have a different fan than the earlier ones (I'm sure you are aware of it) and perhaps the later model fans pull more air when the car is idling.  I never tired one so I don't know how much better they are.

Dave Massey