[TR] Tires for TR3. What is best choice?

Bill Brewer billbrewer59 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 19:37:47 MDT 2017

     I put Nankangs on my TR3 last year. The wife was complaining about how
much I spend on British cars and I tried a cheaper tire. The Nankangs were
cheap - about $58 each and look good. I did find the tires a little
squishier in the handling, like they have low air pressure or something
(which they don't). Also, I have to drive on a grooved freeway on my way to
work and the Nankangs seem to skate in the grooves, where I never noticed
previous Michelins or Vredesteins doing that. Also, they really lose grip in
the wet, they feel like ice skating.
     My next tires will be Vredesteins.

     -Bill Brewer