[TR] tr3a steering box leak

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Oct 23 10:13:02 MDT 2017

> This bolt is leaking and the gasket was brand new on rebuild.  Is there an
> alternative?  Like an o-ring?

My suggestion is to find and fix the problem; somehow the plug is not
sitting squarely against the surface of the cover.  My guess is that with
the plug and gasket out, you'll find some sort of damage on the sealing
surfaces, like a nick or burr that is keeping it from sealing.

If not, try doing a trial assembly without the washer, and with a light
coating of machinists blue on the sealing surface of the cover.  Tighten the
plug just finger tight, then remove it and look for any place(s) where the
blue didn't get rubbed off the cover.

BTW, Revington has replacement plugs listed.  I didn't find them at TRF or
Moss.

-- Randall