[TR] Regarding a bolt not listed in the Standard Triumph HardwareCatalog

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Oct 17 21:10:25 MDT 2017

Bolts with 5 or 6 digit part numbers and no letter prefix are "special" in
some way.  They are not standard hardware, and thus are not listed in the
standard hardware catalog.  Usually (tho not always), the special feature is
important and should not be substituted with common hardware store bolts.

BH505201 I believe is a Rover part number.  It may be documented in Rover
literature.  LDPart claims it is "high tensile".  But my Stag SPC lists a
HB0872 instead, which is 2-3/4 long instead of 2-1/2.

I couldn't find a listing for a 15542; but 155542 is a "Wedglok" bolt
according to Revingtion TR's website.  Available in the US from TRF, $.50
each.  Sorry, I don't recall the length offhand, but it's very important
that the bolt not go all the way through the case.  If you must substitute,
measure the hole then get something slightly shorter.

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild

  _____