[TR] TR3A Split column removal question - answered - update on latest projects

CFM-TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Mon Oct 16 13:43:01 MDT 2017

Forgot about the clamp that is attached to the shock housing.   That was the culprit. Grrrrrr….

It is now out and the replacement is ready to go.  Just waiting for new shims to arrive tomorrow.  (didn’t know if there was any problems with reusing them but just in case).  Local Brit repair shop recommended using Hylomar on the gaskets/shims..  I have some Aisen sealant – anybody know if they are comparable?  I did find some Hylomar locally and may get it anyway.

I’ll be cleaning up the one I took out and see why I had so much play in the wheel (more than ¼ turn).  If it is just the peg, I’ll replace it and may offer the unit up to the list for a fair price.  (Let me know if you are interested - FCFS)

While the front apron is off, I am upgrading the fan to the hurricane fan offered by Macy’s Garage.

I really haven’t had an issue with overheating but I do live in Florida.  Had the radiator checked out and no issues there.  Replacing the hoses and clamps while there.  Belt shows no wear.

Oh, did I say that the latch mechanism on the Driver’s door fell apart and I couldn’t open the door when I drove it into the garage Friday.  I was able to remove the seat, door panel and get to the back side of the latch.  Forced the latch open with a screw driver – now waiting on a new latch.  Thought I had a spare but of course it was the passenger side.  New one from TRF being shipped tomorrow (hopefully) for arrival this week.  Friend is looking through his parts pile for a temporary replacement just in case it doesn’t arrive in time.

All this and trying to make the Tampa Bay All British this Saturday…  Cutting it close.

Later,

Carl

1960 Triumph TR3

TS81802LO