[TR] Brake Fluid for TR3A

Dave MacKay dave at mdmackay.ca
Fri Oct 6 06:19:50 MDT 2017

I’ve been running DOT 5 in my HVDA conversion for >6 years with no issues.

The documentation supplied with the throw-out bearing says not to, but when
I contacted the manufacturer I was told that was because they don’t test
how the units perform with DOT 5, not that they know there will be a
problem.

I also asked Herman about using Dot 5. IIRC, he told me that he’s running
DOT 5 in the conversion in his daughter’s car.

Dave MacKay

1960 TR3A s/n 68639L

Near Toronto, Canada

CAC_63yXScVHkJN9cVvUEW2iifLnBTkriddZM_BQe0ec1FsTCCg at mail.gmail.com>

>Does anybody know if you can run Dot 5 with the HVDA tranny conversion?
The HVDA conversion uses a hydraulic throw-out bearing. I forgot to ask
Herman last time I saw him.