[TR] help needed with persistent gas smell

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Tue Oct 3 21:51:25 MDT 2017

I second what Randall said, the various causes mentioned by the numerous responders are all possibilities, but I have had the most trouble with sealing up the sending unit.

If it gets worse after spirited driving or when the tank is more full definitely look to the top parts of the tank, sender unit, filler hose, if it is pretty consistent all the time take a close look at the bottom area of the tank, fuel pump and line between.

Greg Lemon
TR250