[TR] help needed with persistent gas smell

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Oct 2 13:19:12 MDT 2017

> Other than replacing the filler cap, I am out of ideas. We considered
> plugging up the vent hole in the filler cap, but he won't be able to drive
> very far like that. Has anybody struggled with this issue and found a
> solution? Anyone have any ideas on what might be going on here?

Has the vent tube from the top of the tank been blocked off?

I would also check carefully that the hose from the tank to the filler cap
is securely fastened at both ends.  I once had a problem where the clamp was
just slightly out of position, so it wasn't clamping the hose onto the stub.

-- Randall