[TR] TR6 Electronic Fuel Pump

Italyfound italyfound at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 02:05:30 MST 2017

Hi all.....

Been a while since I have been on list......

I have a question with respect to the TR6 fuel pump....

I have a problem with my mechanical fuel pump and ordered a new one from Moss UK as it is more convenient at the moment (out of the country).......the pump was listed as an exact duplicate to the original...

..Upon my attempt at installation I found that there are several problems with this pump that prevents installation... 1) the dome on the pump prevents reattachment of the speedometer cable to the distributor...my pump has a flatter top and the cable passes right over the top 2) the inlet and outlet of the pump line up with the dissy again and prevent an easy connection 3) the pump lever is straighter than my pump and when bolted in does not pump at all as well as not allowing the self primer level to move....

Hence a nightmare..............

I have a new Facet electronic handy and realize the need for a regulator to bring the pressure down to 1.5 psi.....which I will order if confirmed by the list as required....

My question is how is the fastest and best way (may be a contradiction) to wire the pump. The grounding location is not an issue...however is there a way to source power for it at the fuse box that will turn it on and off without having to wire into the ignition switch.....

..and can a switch be installed at the dash to control it if the fuse box option is not available....

..Also is there an ideal place to mount it...many say they are better at pushing than pulling so closer to the gas tank is better...opinions on this as well as attaching at a 45 degree angle with respect to flow......(I know also about mounting with rubber washers to minimize vibration and noise...

thanks
Alex

72 TR6
59 TR3A