[TR] wire wheels

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Tue Nov 14 15:25:18 MST 2017

Just a word of caution, FWIW and all that.  In 1979 as a youth I spent the night alongside the road exactly under Mount Rainier in Washington State.  Why?  Had a flat tire and wire wheels with octagonal knockoffs.  I'd recently had new tires put on and chose this moment to determine--whoops--the tire shop had put the knockoffs on so tight, my knockoff wrench couldn't budget them loose so I could change the tire.  Hence rather than hitchhike at night, I slept roadside and did that in the morning.  Nice man stopped, took me to town, got what I needed, brought me back.  I like the two-eared knockoffs since.  ...My next adventure driving that MGB crosscountry was stopping in Montana and taking a shower at a campground without asking.  But that's another story (and I was young and stooopid at the time....)

Terry Smith  '59 TR3A  TS 58667

New Hampshire, where it snowed yesterday!  GAAAHHH!